Tidd PFBC Demonstration Project [electronic resource] : Quarterly report, April 1--June 30, 1993
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 21 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This is the 25th Technical Progress Report submitted to the Department of Energy in connection with the cooperative agreement between the DOE and the Ohio Power Company for the Tidd PFBC Demonstration Plant. This report covers the period from April 1, 1993 to June 30, 1993. Major activities during this period involve: (1) The unit has been out of service since early February due to the failure of the gas turbine. The gas turbine was repaired during this quarter and unit was started on June 29, 1993. (2) The unit was operated for a total of 32 hours (including gas turbine air prewarming). There were three gas turbine starts, two bed preheater starts, and one operating period with coal fire. The peak gross output of 13 MWH was achieved for the period of 2200 to 2300 hours on June 30, 1993. (3) During the quarter, total gross generation was 75 MWH, and coal consumption was 107 tons. (4) New individual ash lines from cyclones to the economizer were installed. (5) New sparge ducts were installed along with sparge duct end fluidization piping and valves. (6) Expansion joint heaters and insulation for hot gas clean-up system were installed. Major items planned for the next period include: installation of SO₂ analyzer equipment, and continuation with the operation and testing of the unit after all the current GT problems are resolved.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/mc/24132--3633
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Electric Power Service Corp., Columbus, OH (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 04/01/1993 - 06/30/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13839139