Development of a Coal Quality Expert [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (10 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This is the tenth Technical Progress Report, describing work performed under DOE Contract No. DE-FC22-9OPC89663. The work falls under DOE's Clean Coal Technology Program category of Advanced Coal Cleaning.'' The 51-month project will provide the utility industry with a PC expert system to confidently and inexpensively evaluate the potential for coal cleaning, blending, and switching options to reduce emissionswhile producing lowest cost electricity. Specifically, this project will: (1)Enhance the existing Coal Quality Information System (CQIS) database and Coal Quality Impact Model (CQIM) to allow confident assessment of the effects of cleaning on specific boiler cost and performance. (2)Develop and validate a methodology, Coal Quality Expert (CQE) which allows accurate and detailed predictions of coal quality impacts on total power plant capital cost, operating cost, and performance based upon inputs from inexpensive bench-scale tests. The project consists of the following seven tasks: Project Management, Coal Cleanability Characterization, Pilot-Scale Combustion Testing, Utility Boiler Field Testing, CQIM Completion and Development of CQE Specification, Develop CQE and CQE Workstation Testing and Validation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/pc/89663-t9
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
CQ, Inc., Homer City, PA (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13839363