Advanced atomization concept for CWF burning in small combustors, Phase 2 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (58 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The program describes a concept referred to as opposed-jet atomization, which is particularly applicable to coal-water fuel (CWF). In the present atomizer design, two opposed jets of CWF are directed at each other and externally encounter a perpendicular blast of air at the collision point to create a spray of much finer droplets. The present Phase 2 program involved further evaluation of the opposed-jet atomizer performance and related tasks.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/1991., "doe/pc/90160-t4", " tr-pl--13324", " arc--38-5392", "DE92016806", Heaton, H.L.; McHale, E.T., and Atlantic Research Corp., Gainesville, VA (United States). Technology Dept.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13839798