Investigation of high velocity wedge separator for particle removal in coal gasification plants. Quarterly report, February 1-April 30, 1979 [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 35 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Phase IA and II are proceeding concurrently and are leading to meaningful results meeting the basic contract objectives. As a matter of fact low pressure loss HTPS configurations have been demonstrated with the AAM and high temperature particle collection of 1 micron radius particles has already been observed by several demonstration firings with hot gas temperatures above 1800/sup 0/F and pressures close to 400 psia. Future high temperature and high pressure testing is directed toward accurate measurement of the HTPS collection efficiency and identification of the physiochemical changes particles are undergoing at high temperature conditions. It appears that the hot gas test method in conjunction with the AAM effort will provide a valuable and needed understanding of particulate separation applicable to high temperature and high pressure gasifiers.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:acd-38391-18
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Beveridge, J.H.; Linhardt, H.D.; Boone, C.G.
Airco Cryogenics, Irvine, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13841173