Development of an advanced, continuous mild gasification process for the production of co-products (Task 1), Volume 1 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (324 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Institute of Gas Technology, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Under US DOE sponsorship, a project team consisting of the Institute of Gas Technology, Peabody Holding Company, and Bechtel Group, Inc. has been developing an advanced, mild gasification process to process all types of coal and to produce solid and condensable liquid co-products that can open new markets for coal. The three and a half year program (September 1987 to June 1991) consisted of investigations in four main areas. These areas are: (1) Literature Survey of Mild Gasification Processes, Co-Product Upgrading and Utilization, and Market Assessment; (2) Mild Gasification Technology Development: Process Research Unit Tests Using Slipstream Sampling; (3) Bench-Scale Char Upgrading Study; (4) Mild Gasification Technology Development: System Integration Studies. In this report, the literature and market assessment of mild gasification processes are discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1991., "doe/mc/24266-3069-vol.1", "DE92001150", and Duthie, R.G.; Knight, R.A.; Babu, S.P.; Wootten, J.M.; Carty, R.H.; Onischak, M.; Gissy, J.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13841241