LIMB Demonstration Project Extension. Quarterly report no. 3, November, December 1987--January 1988 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1988. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Babcock & Wilcox Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The basic goal of the Limestone Injection Multistage Burner (LIMB) demonstration is to extend LIMB technology development to a full-scale application on a representative wall-fired utility boiler. The successful retrofit of LIMB to an existing boiler is expected to demonstrate that (a) reductions of 50 percent or greater in SOₓ and NOₓ emissions can be achieved at a fraction of the cost of add-on FGD systems, (b) boiler reliability, operability, and steam production can be maintained at levels existing prior to LIMB retrofit, and (c) technical difficulties attributable to LIMB operation, such as additional slagging and fouling, changes in ash disposal requirements, and an increased particulate load, can be resolved in a cost-effective manner. The primary fuel to be used will be an Ohio bituminous coal having a nominal sulfur content of 3 percent or greater.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/15/1988., "doe/pc/79798--t20", and "DE92016128"
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 10/01/1987 - 12/31/1987
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13842211