Hydraulic mining method [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 17 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A hydraulic mining method includes drilling a vertical borehole into a pitched mineral vein and a slant borehole along the footwall of the vein to intersect the vertical borehole. Material is removed from the mineral vein by a fluid jet stream and the resulting slurry flows down the footwall borehole into the vertical borehole from where it is pumped upwardly therethrough to the surface.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Huffman, L H; Knoke, G S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13842952