The collaborative program of research in engineering science [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (273 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- MIT and Idaho National Engineering Laboratory are continuing the program of collaborative research on energy-related engineering. The program involves research in the following areas: (1) mathematical modeling of thermal plasma systems, (2) high-temperature gas-particle reactions, (3) metal transfer in gas-metal arc welding, (4) multivariate control of gas-metal arc welding, (5) fundamentals of elastic-plastic fracture, (6) comminution of energy materials, and (7) synthesis and optimization of integrated chemical processes. A key objective of this collaborative program is to serve as a prototype for other university/laboratory collaborative programs. Another important goal is to enhance the transfer of new technology to the industrial sector.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13843407