Quarterly project progress report, Jan-Mar 1981 [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- All engineering details on the test loop have now been completed, and an Apple II computer selected for the information monitoring and data acquisition. A Versatyme process controller monitors and controls the feeder operation. The Apple monitors all the relevant test loop functions and test parameters, and also allows the operator to manually input such additional test information as he deems relevant. The Apple computer is interfaced with an off-site time share computer which will provide storage for the information gathered during the test. The Versatyme has been programmed to control the feeder and to monitor the machine's functions so as to shut down operations in the event conditions become unsafe. The programming of the Apple is well under way and it appears to have more than adequate power to deal with the test operation. The feeder was moved from the factory and installed at the test site in late March. By the end of the month, the live bottom hoppers had been installed on the feeder and the cross feed conveyor from the bucket elevator to the top of the test loop and work stands around the feeder will be fabricated. The pressure vessels for the test loop and the housings for the Conspray valves have been received.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/mc/14603-t4
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Conspray Construction Systems, Inc., Santa Ana, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13843709