Review of microscopic neutron cross section data for the higher plutonium isotopes in the resonance region [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1978. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 21 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The microscopic neutron cross section data for plutonium-240, -241, and -242 in the resonance region are reviewed. In the context of importance to reactors, the data on plutonium-240 are acceptable except for the resonance parameters of the 1-eV resonance. Plutonium-241 has discrepancies in the cross sections from thermal to 3 eV and to a lesser extent in the fission and capture cross section in the unresolved resonance region. The plutonium-242 cross sections appear to be known with sufficient accuracy as compared with the other plutonium isotopes. 12 figures, 1 table.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1978., "conf-781174--4", Conference on the nuclear data of higher plutonium and americium isotopes for reactor applications, Upton, NY, USA, 20 Nov 1978., and Weston, L. W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13843740