High-resolution photofission measurements in /sup 238/U and /sup 232/Th. Progress report, June 1, 1979-February 10, 1980. [5 to 12 MeV] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 21 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- High-intensity proton beams have been used to generate gamma rays of well-defined and variable energy from the (p,..gamma..) reaction on a number of targets. Spectra of photofission fragments of /sup 238/U and /sup 232/Th have been measured at gamma ray energies from 5.8 to 11.5 MeV. The photofission cross sections have been determined and preliminary values of barrier parameters, derived by fitting the data to model predictions.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Brooklyn Coll., NY (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13843919