Synthesis gas demonstration plant program, Phase I. Deliverable No. 7F [electronic resource] : Phases II and III environmental monitoring plans
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 37 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The baseline monitoring program established existing conditions at the site from which construction and operational impacts were predicted in the Environmental Report. The purpose of construction and operational programs is to identify and quantify impacts and monitor the effectiveness of selected mitigation measures. The construction and operational programs are a refinement of the baseline monitoring program. The goal is to avoid redundance by monitoring specific activities and areas where impacts could occcur. This includes utilizing data required for permit compliance (air and water discharges and solid waste disposal). A review of the baseline monitoring program was also conducted to determine if data gaps or voids existed in the baseline program which could be filled with a preconstruction monitoring program. The review was conducted in light of the potential impacts from construction and operational activities identified in the Environmental Report. Review of the baseline monitoring program and the Environmental Report indicated the need for some additional data. Therefore, a preconstruction monitoring program has been designed to fill in the data gaps and strengthen the data base for subsequent impact and mitigative measure assessments.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Grace (W.R.) and Co., Memphis, TN (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13843984