Kinetics of char burnout and ash vaporization in coal-fired MHD combustors [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A computer model which simulates coal combustion in a simple MHD combustor was assembled. Data from parallel experimental work on devolatilization, char oxidation, and ash vaporization at MHD conditions provide input parameters to the model and provide checks on some of the assumptions therein. Trade-offs between ash vaporization and char utilization predicted by the model are shown. The importance of CO/sub 2/, H/sub 2/O, O/sub 2/, O, and OH to char oxidation is indicated from both theoretical and experimental considerations.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
18. symposium on engineering aspects of magnetohydrodynamics, Butte, MT, USA, 18 Jun 1979.
Sarofim, A.; Shuck, R.; Hastings, T.; Mims, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13844220