Data base for surface mining and land reclamation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1975. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Based on past experience in both data use and data management, it is felt that the distributed data base concept is the only feasible method of implementing the very large national data bases needed by the ERDA/DBER Assessment and Evaluation programs. The national data bases are needed to minimize wasteful duplication of effort by the various ERDA laboratories as well as maximize access to this data by the researchers working on assessment and evaluation projects. In order to get moving in this direction, the following objectives are established: (1) promote cooperation between researchers, data managers both within and among the ERDA laboratories as well as other agencies and provide the coordination necessary to achieve this goal; (2) establish standards and specifications for data compatibility; (3) identification of and coordination with other ERDA committees concerned with data utilization.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1975., "anl/lrp-cp--6", " conf-750946--21", Meeting of the Society of Mining Engineers, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, 12 Sep 1975., and MacDonald, R. R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13844923