Study of structure of light nuclei with neutrons. Progress report, September 1, 1977--August 30, 1978. [Ohio Univ. , Athens] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 46 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The series of measurements of neutron elastic differential cross sections for /sup 6/Li, /sup 7/Li, /sup 10/B and /sup 11/B for 4 MeV less than or equal to E/sub n/ less than or equal to 8 MeV is nearing completion, with final results either published or submitted for publication. New elastic measurements for /sup 13/C + n (1.57 MeV less than or equal to E/sub n/ less than or equal to 6.5 MeV) have been completed, and these results are being studied with the R-matrix analysis program ORMAP. New elastic measurements for /sup 11/B + n for 2 MeV less than or equal to E/sub n/ less than or equal to 4 MeV have also been completed, and these new results along with the earlier measurements from 4 MeV less than or equal to E/sub n/ less than or equal to 8 MeV are being used in a comprehensive analysis of /sup 11/B + n from 0 to 8 MeV. This analysis should be completed by early fall. Inelastic measurements on these same light nuclei have begun, with differential cross sections for /sup 7/Li + n (0.478 MeV level) completed at 2.3 and 2.8 MeV. Work on the assembly of the Ohio University quadrupole triplet spectrometer is progressing rapidly, with the first experiments scheduled for this fall. 21 figures.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1978., "coo-2490-9", Lane, R.O., and Ohio Univ., Athens (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13845291