Neutron cross section measurements at WNR [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Weapons Neutron Research Facility has been used to obtain moderate-resolution total neutron cross section data for H, C, /sup 208/Pb, /sup 232/Th, /sup 238/U, and /sup 242/Pu over the energy range 5 to 200 MeV. Neutrons were produced by bombarding a 2.5-cm diam by 15-cm long Ta target with an 800 MeV pulsed proton beam from LAMPF. A 10.2-cm diam by 15.2-cm thick NE110 proton recoil detector was used at a flight path of 32 meters, giving a time-of-flight resolution of 60 ps/m. The total cross section results are compared to ENDF/BV evaluations and to previous data where possible.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "la-ur-80-1591", " conf-800551-13", Symposium on neutron cross sections from 10 - 50 MeV, Upton, NY, USA, 12 May 1980., and Morgan, G.L.; Moore, M.S.; Lisowski, P.W.; Shamu, R.E.; Archampaugh, G.F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13845720