KN partial-wave analysis and Z* resonances. [Cross sections, polarization, review] [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California, Berkeley, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 17 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of California, Berkeley and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Recent measurements and partial-wave analyses of KN scattering below 3 GeV/c are reviewed. There is a large amount of new data on K/sup +/n elastic and charge-exchange scattering, both cross sections and polarizations, which were not yet analyzed. Forward dispersion relations predict a striking forward dip in the K/sup 0/p ..-->.. K/sup +/n differential cross section, which present neutral kaon beam measurements below 1.5 GeV/c are unable either to confirm or deny. K/sup +/p elastic polarization below 870 MeV/c was accurately measured for the first time. A K/sup +/p partial-wave analysis using these data claims a Z*/sub 1/ resonance in the P/sub 13/ wave at 1800 MeV. Spin-rotation parameter measurements near the backward direction would be a good experimental test for the existence of this Z*/sub 1/. A partial-wave analysis of K/sup +/p ..-->.. K/sup 0/..delta../sup + +/ has found no evidence for a Z*/sub 1/ strongly coupled to the K..delta.. channel. 27 references.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbl-7976
E 1.99: conf-780967-1
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Meeting on exotic resonances, Hiroshima, Japan, 1 Sep 1978.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13845873