HYPERON--ANTIHYPERON PRODUCTION IN anti PP INTERACTIONS AT 2.4 AND 2.9 GeV/ c [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, 1969.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 63 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Ames Laboratory, U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The results of a study of hyperon-antihyperon production in 2.4 and 2.9 GeV/c antiproton proton interactions are presented. The experiment had a sensitivity of 2.2 events/μ barn. Three examples of Ξ Ξ$sup -$ production at 2.9 GeV/c were observed. The Δ Δ$sup -$ and ΔΣ$sup o$ $sup -$ + c.c. final states were observed to be highly peripheral, indicating a t-channel exchange dominance. However, a prediction for the differential cross section from a one meson exchange model with absorption, done for a slightly higher momenta (3.0 GeV/c), is not as sharply peaked as the data. The 3-body final states are produced peripherally only when the reaction is consistent with t-channel exchange of a known particle, and then only weakly. There is evidence for some Σ(1385), Δ(1404) and Δ(1520 production in these 3-body final states, however, the statistics are very limited.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:is-t--354
- Dissertation Note:
- Thesis. UNCL. Orig. Receipt Date: 31-DEC-70
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Schalk, Terry LeRoy.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13846476