The handy investing answer book / Paul A Tucci
- Tucci, Paul A., 1962-
- Detroit : Visible Ink Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 369 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- The "handy" series
- Introduction to personal investing -- Saving, managing debt, and budgeting -- Individual stocks -- Bonds -- Mutual funds -- Investing in cash -- Real estate -- Small business investing -- Other investing opportunities -- Taxes -- Insurance -- The future -- Investing resources.
- "Whether you are a novice or budding expert, there is much to consider and know when investing: stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, retirement planning, and tax strategies, just for starters. It can all be difficult and confusing. The Handy Investing Answer Book explains, in plain English, the basics of investing. It offers simple investment strategies; investigates common pitfalls; examines concepts of compounding, portfolios and diversification; traces the history of investing; and offers much more to help everyone make wise decisions. The Handy Investing Answer Book explores a variety of investments and their differences, avoiding poor returns and unnecessary risk, understanding financial markets-and how to prevent banks, mutual fund managers and financial advisers getting rich at your expense. Appreciation, dividends, interest, and inflation all effect the value of investments, and this valuable resource looks at handling them to build a successful portfolio for every stage in your financial life. It goes beyond an and introduction to the subject to breakdown complex concepts and definitions into more than 1,400 easy-to-understand answers, such as: Why is dollar cost averaging a beneficial strategy for investing? What is a home equity loan? What are some of the steps to establishing the right goals for investing? What is diversification? What types of risks could we see if we own individual stocks? When did mutual funds start? What is laddering? A glossary of commonly used terms explains key concepts and financial jargon, and helpful financial tables and charts assist with strategies"--
- 9781578594863 (paperback) and 1578594863 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 321-322) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13850060