Fahd Burki : works from 2003-2013 / editor, Rosa Maria Flavo
- Burki, Fahd, 1981-
- Milano, Italy : Skira Editore, 2014.
New York, NY : Distributed in USA, Canada, Central & South America by Rizzoli International Publications, 2014.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 181 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Flavo, Rosa Maria and Vali, Murtaza
- Foreword / Umer Butt and Hetal Pawani -- Works -- Uncertain icons / Murtaza Vali.
- "Covering a decade of his art practice, this is the first monograph devoted to Lahore-based artist Fahd Burki. Though conceptually rigorous, formally exact and precisely executed, Burki's paintings, drawings and sculptures insist on ambiguity. Whether narrative scenes or flattened icons, his images often lack a background; without a specific cultural frame or spatial context to help located them, they hover in an atopia or, rather, a dystopia of infinite reference, outside of time and history"--Page 4 of cover.
- "... Murtaza Vali, who contributed the essay included in this book..."--Page 9.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 13850197