Why theatre matters : urban youth, engagement, and a pedagogy of the real / Kathleen Gallagher
- Gallagher, Kathleen, 1965-
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xx, 295 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- The complexity of people, conversation, and space as data -- The social and pedagogical context for engagement -- The multidimensionality of engagement: academic achievement, academic enthusiasm, voluntary initiative, and what the numbers tell us -- Social performances: students and teachers inhabit their roles -- Life or theatre? -- Up close and personal: unfinished stories.
- 9781442649576 (bound : acid-free paper)
1442649577 (bound : acid-free paper)
9781442626942 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
1442626941 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 257-273) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13850363