Bourgeois radicals : the NAACP and the struggle for colonial liberation, 1941-1960 / Carol Anderson, Emory University
- Anderson, Carol (Carol Elaine)
- New York NY : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 372 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Introduction: de-centering Du Bois -- Rising wind -- "The white man's burden has not been very heavy" : the NAACP's anticolonial struggle against South Africa, 1946-1951 -- "An even larger issue than 'containing communism'": the NAACP and the Italian colonies -- So weak, so 17th century: Indonesia and the domestic jurisdiction of Dutch colonialism -- Regime change -- Conclusion: beyond the single story.
- 9780521763783 (hardback : alk. paper)
0521763789 (hardback : alk. paper)
9780521155731 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0521155738 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13850391