Emerging literatures from Northeast India : the dynamics of culture, society and identity / edited by Margaret Ch Zama
- Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE Publications, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 188 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Zama, Margaret Ch.
- Sage studies on India's north east
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Building Literary Paradigms for Northeast Discourse -- 1.Articulating Marginality: Emerging Literatures from Northeast India / Kailash C. Baral -- 2.Speaking, Writing and Coming of the Print Culture in Northeast India / Tilottoma Misra -- 3.An Emerging Genre of `Political' Literature in India's Frontier / Manjeet Baruah -- 4.Towards an Appreciative Paradigm for Literatures of the Northeast / Parag M. Sarma -- 5.Sign Forces of Culture: Reflections on Mnemopraxial Responsibility / D. Venkat Rao -- pt. II Specifics of Literary Paradigms of the Northeast -- 6.Locating Trauma in Mizo Literature: The Beloved Bullet / Margaret Ch. Zama -- 7.Selected Oral Poetry of Northeast India and the Ecological Space / Sarangadhar Baral -- 8.The Phawar in Context: The Politics of Tradition and Continuity / Desmond L. Kharmawphlang -- 9.Some Petite, Some Powerful: The Cascade of Manipuri Short Stories / Tayenjam Bijoykumar Singh -- 10.Culture Makes People What They Are As Much As People Make Culture: Religion As a Factor of Cultural Change among the Ao Nagas / Temsurenla Ozukum -- 11.Beyond Borders and Between the Hills: Voices and Visions from Karbi Anglong or, Whose Hills Are These Anyway? / Rakhee Kalita Moral -- 12.An Assessment of Northeastern Sensibility in Kiran Desai's The Inheritance of Loss and Mamang Dai's River Poems / Nilanshu Kumar Agarwal -- 13.Northeast Outside the Newspaper Pages / Monalisa Changkija -- pt. III Caste-Tribe Paradigm Beyond the Northeast -- 14.Culture As a Site of Struggle: A Study of the Oral Literature of the Bhils of Rajasthan / Hemendra Singh Chandalia -- 15.Alien Construct and Tribal Contestation in Colonial Chhotanagpur: The Medium of Christianity / Joseph Bara.
- 9788132110439 (hardback : alk. paper) and 8132110439 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13850517