Music and traditions of the Arabian Peninsula : Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar / Lisa Urkevich
- Urkevich, Lisa
- New York, NY ; Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2015.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 356 pages : illustrations (some color), maps, music ; 21 cm + 1 audio disc (digital, MP3 file ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Bedouin arts -- Bedouin women's music and dance -- Ṭaggāgāt : female drumming bands -- Ḥaḍar arts from the Najd : songs with drums -- Ḥaḍar (Khammāri) arts in the upper gulf -- Gulf wedding practices and songs -- Incoming arts : African and Persian -- Sea music traditions, and Ṣaūt -- Hijazi folk traditions -- Ṭāʹif and music -- Art music of the Hijazi cities -- Hijazi women and music making -- Distinguished Hijazi artists -- Introduction : southwestern Arabia -- Asīr genres and traditions -- Bīsha and Bāḥa arts -- Jīzān music and dance -- Musical aspect of Najrān.
- 9780415888707 (hardback)
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file CD audio
- Accompanying disc incorrectly labeled as MP3 CD; files are CD audio format.
Accompanying audio disc (71 min., 29 sec.) contains 31 musical examples keyed to the text; in pocket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 345-350) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13851270