The sowing of Alderson Cree / by Margaret Prescott Montague, author of "The poet, Miss Kate and I" ; with frontispiece by W.T. Benda
- Montague, Margaret Prescott, 1878-1955
- New York : The Baker & Taylor Company, 1907.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 9-336 pages : color illustration ; 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Benda, Wladyslaw T. (Wladyslaw Theodore), 1873-1948
- A story of West Virginia mountains, in which the protagonist when a lad, promises his dying father to revenge himself on his father's murderer. When he reaches manhood and love comes, he is torn between his determination to keep his word and his desire for his own and his loved one's happiness.
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of the New York Mercantile Library.
- "Published, March, 1907"--Verso of title page.
Rare Books copy is one of the specimens collected by book artist Richard Minsky during the course of his research on American decorated publisher's bindings issued between 1872-1929.
- Binding Information:
- Publisher's green cloth stamped on cover with black and slate blue mountainscape with reflection in water, bright gold sky with dropout title, matte (textured) gold sun rising/setting. Unsigned.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Helen F. Faust Women Writers Acquisition and Travel Fund; 2014.
Rare Books copy: Purchased from Richard Minsky, book artist; 2014.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Minsky, R. American decorated publishers' bindings, 1872-1929, v. 2, page 70
View MARC record | catkey: 13851615