Work in criminal justice. An A-Z guide to careers / Debbie J. Goodman, Ron Grimming
- 1. Criminal justice careers : how to decide -- How to decide on a career -- How to find employment in the criminal justice field -- How are your skills? -- What are your personal characteristics? -- Ten characteristics of employees in the criminal justice field -- "3 T's" of career planning -- 2. The hiring process -- How to successfully dress for the job interview -- How to polish your image -- How to find out about jobs -- How to apply for jobs -- 3. Interview strategies -- Ten reasons why the applicant doesn't get the job -- Ten preparation questions for the job interview -- Ten do's and don'ts for the job interview -- Ten questions to ask your future employer -- Ten commonly asked questions -- 4. Importance of ethics in the criminal justice field -- Ethics is a choice -- How to make an ethical decision -- The slippery slope -- An ethics discussion -- 5. Are you fit for duty? -- Importance of physical fitness -- How to prepare for a physical agility test -- Diet for fitness -- What is a healthy diet? -- 6. Your A-Z guide to local, state, and federal criminal justice careers -- Careers in law enforcement -- Careers in the courts -- Careers in forensic science/criminalistics -- Careers in corrections -- Careers in private security -- Career in criminology -- 7. Hot jobs in criminal justice -- Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts -- Federal Air Marshal (FAM) -- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF) -- Corrections officer -- Crime scene investigator -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) -- Dispatcher -- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) -- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) -- Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBP) -- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) -- Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) Border Patrol -- Municipal or county police officer -- State police officer -- U.S. Marshal Service -- U.S. Secret Service -- 8. Who to contact? -- Criminal justice standards and training agencies -- Law enforcement standards and trainings : state agencies -- Federal agencies.
- Presents all of the exciting career opportunities available in the criminal justice field.
- Criminal justice, Administration of—Vocational guidance—United States
- Law enforcement—Vocational guidance—United States
- Justice pénale—Administration—Orientation professionnelle—États-Unis
- Lois—Application—Orientation professionnelle—États-Unis
- Criminal justice, Administration of—Vocational guidance
- Law enforcement—Vocational guidance
- United States
- 0131959816 and 9780131959811
View MARC record | catkey: 13855279