The unheard voices [electronic resource] : community organizations and service learning / edited by Randy Stoecker and Elizabeth A. Tryon, with Amy Hilgendorf
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 211 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Stoecker, Randy, 1959-, Tryon, Elizabeth A., and Hilgendorf, Amy
- Unheard voices : community organizations and service learning / Randy Stoecker and Beth Tryon -- Motivations of community organizations for service learning / Shannon M. Bell and Rebecca Carlson -- Finding the best fit : how organizations select service learners / Cassandra Garcia [and others] -- The challenge of short-term service learning / Amy Martin, Kristy Seblonka, and Elizabeth Tryon -- Managing service learners : training, supervising, and evaluating / Jason Gonzalez and Barbara Golden -- The heart of partnership : communication and relationships / Elizabeth Tryon, Amy Hilgendorf, and Ian Scott -- Service learning in context : the challenge of diversity / Cynthia Lin [and others] -- One director's voice / Amy S. Mondlach -- Principles for success in service learning : the three Cs / Dadit Hidayat, Samuel Pratsch, and Randy Stoecker -- The community standards for service learning / Randy Stoecker and Elizabeth Tryon -- The two futures of service learning / Randy Stoecker and Elizabeth Tryon.
- Community organizers reveal what service learning is--and what it should be.
- 9781592139965 (electronic bk.)
1592139965 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 13857291