The handbook of health behavior change [electronic resource] / Sally A. Shumaker, Judith K. Ockene, Kristin A. Riekert, editors
- Section I: Health behavior change and maintenance: theory and techniques / Judith K. Ockene -- Theories of prevention / Susan J. Curry and Marian L. Fitzgibbon -- Theoretical models and strategies for improving disease management by patients / Noreen M. Clark and Christy R. Houle -- Culture and health-related behavior / Milagros C. Rosal and Jamie S. Bodenlos -- The transtheoretical model of behavior change / James O. Prochaska, Sara Johnson, and Patricia Lee -- Multilevel theories of behavior change: a social ecological framework / Margaret Schneider and Daniel Stokols -- Models of provider-patient interaction and shared decision making / Michael G. Goldstein, Judith DePue, and Alessandra N. Kazura -- Relapse prevention and the maintenance of optimal health / Christian S. Hendershot, G. Alan Marlatt, and William H. George -- Motivational interviewing / Claire A. Lane and Stephen Rollnick -- E-health strategies to support adherence / Patricia D. Franklin, Ramesh Farzanfar, and Deborah D. Thompson.
Section II: Interventions for lifestyle change / Judith K. Ockene -- Addressing tobacco use and dependence / Denise G. Jolicoeur ... [et al.] -- Promoting dietary change / Barbara S. McCann and Viktor E. Bovbjerg -- Adherence to physical activity recommendations and interventions / Bess H. Marcus ... [et al.] -- Adoption and maintenance of safer sexual practices / Michelle J. Naughton and Scott D. Rhodes -- Intervention elements promoting adherence to mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) programs in a clinical behavioral medicine setting / Paul G. Salmon ... [et al.] -- Multiple risk behavior change: what most individuals need / Judith J. Prochaska and Janice M. Prochaska.
Section III: Measurement / Kristin A. Riekert -- Measuring adherence to medication regimens in clinical care and research / Michiko Otsuki ... [et al.] -- The measurement of physical activity / Sara Wilcox and Barbara E. Ainsworth -- Changes in substance use behavior / Donald M. Dougherty, Michael A. Dawes, and Sylvain Nouvion -- Statistical issues in measuring adherence: methods for incomplete longitudinal data / Mark R. Conaway, W. Jack Rejeski, and Michael E. Miller.
Section IV: Obstacles and predictors of lifestyle change and adherence / Sally A. Shumaker -- Predictors of patient adherence: patient characteristics / Jacqueline Dunbar-Jacob, Leigh A. Gemmell, and Elizabeth A. Schlenk -- Biopsychological obstacles to adoption and maintenance of a healthy lifestyle / Neil E. Grunberg and Laura Cousino Klein -- Adolescent tobacco use and the social context / Christina K. Holub, David G. Altman, and Christine Jackson -- Psychosocial barriers to adherence and lifestyle change / Summer L. Williams, M. Robin DiMatteo, and Kelly B. Haskard -- Changing clinical behavior: implementing guidelines to improve primary care practice / Elizabeth Dugan, Katherine Dodd, and Shellie Ellis.
Section V: Lifestyle change and adherence issues within specific populations / Sally A. Shumaker -- Lifestyle interventions for the young / Carolyn E. Ievers-Landis and Dawn Witherspoon -- Problems with adherence in the elderly / Carolyn L. Murdaugh and Kathleen Insel -- Optimizing adherence in older adults with cognitive impairment / Barbara Resnick ... [et al.] -- Adherence issues among adolescents with chronic diseases / Michael A. Rapoff -- Health disparities and minority health / Melicia C. Whitt-Glover ... [et al.].
Section VI: Lifestyle change and adherence issues among patients with chronic diseases / Kristin A. Riekert -- Adherence for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease / Robert M. Kaplan -- Aging, cognition, and diabetes: the transition from self-care to a caregiver for diabetes self-management / Laura H. Coker -- Adherence to treatment and lifestyle changes among people with cancer / Amy H. Peterman, David Victorson, and David Cella -- Adherence and HIV: a lifetime commitment / Scott D. Rhodes ... [et al.] -- Lifestyle change and adherence issues among patients with heart disease / Laura L. Hayman -- Does cognition influence type 2 diabetes-related adherence? / David L. Mount.
Section VII: Lifestyle change and adherence: the broader context / Sally A. Shumaker -- Adherence and the placebo effect / Susan M. Czajkowski, Margaret A. Chesney, and Ashley W. Smith -- Collaboration between professionals and mediating structures in the community: social determinants of health and community-based participatory research / Suzanne B. Cashman and Laurie G. Forlano -- Ethical issues in lifestyle change and adherence / Nancy M.P. King -- Adherence and health outcomes: how much does adherence matter? / Kelly B. Haskard, M. Robin DiMatteo, and Summer L. Williams -- Lessons learned: what we know doesn't work and what we shouldn't repeat / Deborah J. Bowen and Uli Boehmer.
- 9780826117519 (electronic bk.)
0826117511 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 13857685