British plays from the restoration to 1820 / Edited, with introductions and bibliographies, by Montrose J. Moses
- Moses, Montrose Jonas, 1878-1934
- Boston : Little, Brown, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- I. The rehearsal, by G. Villiers. The Spanish fryar: or, The double discovery, by J. Dryden. The man of mode: or, Sir Fopling Fluterer, by G. Therege. The plain-dealer, by W. Wycherley. The way of the world by W. Congreave. The provok'd wife, by J. Vanbrugh. Venice preserv'd: or, A plot discover'd by T. Otway. The carefless husband, by C. Cibber. The conscious lovers, by R. Steele.--II. Jane Shore, by N. Rowe. The beaux's stratagem, by G. Farquhar. The beggar's opera, by J. Gay. Douglas, by J. Home. She stoops to conquer: or, The mistakes of a night, by O. Goldsmith. The fashionable lover, by R. Cumberland. The clandestine marriage, by G. Colman, Sr. and D. Garrick. The school for scandal, by R.B. Sheridan. The Cenci, by P.B. Shelley.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: volume 2, pages -921.
View MARC record | catkey: 1391205