The songs of John Jacob Niles [music] : for voice and piano / with a preface by John Jacob Niles
- Niles, John Jacob, 1892-1980
- Uniform Title:
- Songs. Selections
- New York : G. Schirmer,  and Milwaukee, Wis. : Distributed by Hal Leonard Publishing Corp.
- Copyright Date:
- New ed. containing eight additional songs.
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (101 pages) ; 31 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Go 'way from my window -- The black dress -- The lass from the low countree -- Evening -- I wonder as I wander -- Black is the color of my true love's hair -- The lotus bloom -- The carol of the birds -- Sweet little boy Jesus -- Jesus, Jesus, rest your head -- What songs were sung -- The rovin' gambler -- The gambler's lament -- The gambler's wife (By-low) -- Gambler, don't lose your place -- Gambler's song of the big sandy river -- My lover is a former lad -- The wild rider -- Ribbon bow -- Little black star -- The robin and the thorn -- Unused I am to lovers -- When I get up into heaven -- The flower of Jesus.
- Pref. to the new ed. by Rena Niles.
View MARC record | catkey: 1396882