Understanding the stigma of mental illness [electronic resource] : theory and interventions / edited by Julio Arboleda-Flórez and Norman Sartorius
- Chichester, England ; Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 213 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Arboleda-Flórez, J. (Julio), 1939- and Sartorius, N.
- The rights of a powerless legion -- Cross-cultural aspects of the stigma of mental illness -- The WPA global programme against stigma and discrimination because of schizophrenia -- 'Fighting stigma and discrimination because of schizophrenia : Open the Doors' : a collaborative review of the experience from the German project centres -- Stigma and health care staff -- Evaluating programmatic needs concerning the stigma of mental illness -- Using the Internet for fighting the stigma of schizophrenia -- Building an evidence base for anti-stigma programming -- Other people stigmatize, but, what about us? : attitudes of mental health professionals towards patients with schizophrenia -- Implementing anti stigma programmes in Boulder, Colorado and Calgary, Alberta -- Stigma measurement approaches : conceptual origins and current applications -- Appendix : inventories to measure the scope and impact of stigma experiences from the perspective of those who are stigmatized : consumer and family versions.
- Understanding the stigma of mental illness is the first book that focuses on evaluation and research methodologies in stigma and mental health. It presents new interventions to reduce stigma with respect to mental health, so it is useful for clinicians and researchers who wish to apply or develop these or similar programmes. Understanding the stigma of mental illness also describes various international programmes to help reduce stigma about mental health issues. Finally it discusses the use of the internet as an international tool to promote awareness of stigma in mental health.
- 9780470997635 (electronic bk.)
047099763X (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 14040315