Aenesidemus of Cnossus : testimonia / edited with introduction and commentary by Roberto Polito
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 395 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Polito, Roberto, 1966-
- Cambridge classical texts and commentaries ; 52
- Language Note:
- In English; with texts in Ancient Greek and Latin with English translation.
- Introduction -- The sources -- The testimonia : text and commentary. Life : dates, birthplace, place of activity, affiliation and succession ; Works.
- "This book provides the first edition of all the testimonia on the Sceptic philosopher Aenesidemus of Cnossus, who is deemed to be the source of Sextus Empiricus, the main surviving authority on ancient Scepticism. It provides an extensive philosophical and historical commentary, and throws light on a series of questions concerning the philosophy of the late Academy, Stoic Heracliteanism and the interaction between medicine and philosophy in the late Hellenistic era"--
- 9780521190251 hardbound
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 14040849