Building community resilience to disasters [electronic resource] : a way forward to enhance national health security / Anita Chandra [and others].
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 78 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Chandra, Anita
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Definition and application of community resilience -- Wellness : promote population health before and after an incident, including behavioral health -- Access : ensure access to high-quality health, behavioral health, and social resources and services -- Education : ensure ongoing information to the public about preparedness, risks, and resources before, during, and after a disaster -- Engagement : promote participatory decisionmaking in planning, response, and recovery activities -- Self-sufficiency : enable and support individuals and communities to assume responsibility for their preparedness -- Partnership : develop strong partnerships within and between government and other organizations -- Quality : collect, analyze, and utilize data to monitor and evaluate progress on building community resilience -- Efficiency : leverage existing community resources for maximum use and effectiveness -- Future directions : implementation, measurement, and next steps.
- 9780833051950 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 71-78).
View MARC record | catkey: 14042615