Helping a Palestinian state succeed [electronic resource]: key findings
- Additional Titles:
- Musāʻadat dawlah Filaṣṭīnīyah ʻalá al-najāḥ
- Santa Monica, CA : Rand Corp., 2005.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 33, 33, vii p. : col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Rand Corporation
- Language Note:
- English and Arabic.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Building a successful Palestinian state -- Approach -- Defining success -- Conditions for success -- Security -- Governance -- Economic development -- Social well-being -- Cross-cutting issues: contiguity of territory, permeability, and security -- Contiguity -- Permeability of borders -- Security -- Key findings from the analyses -- Governance -- Internal security -- Demography -- Water -- Health -- Education -- Economic development -- Implementing these recommendations -- The arc: a formal structure for a Palestinian state -- The shape of Palestine -- Population density and options for growth -- Growth in Gaza -- Linking the cities -- Fostering "linear" growth -- New neighborhoods -- Costs and direct economic benefits of constructing the arc -- Social and political challenges of absorbing refugees -- Conclusion -- Achieving successful development -- Looking to the future.
- 0833037714 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Related Titles:
- Building a successful Palestinian state
Arc: a formal structure for a Palestinian state
- Based on: Building a successful Palestinian state and The Arc: a formal structure for a Palestinian state.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 14047193