The impact of U.S. military drawdown in Iraq on displaced and other vulnerable populations [electronic resource] : analysis and recommendations / Olga Oliker, Audra K. Grant, Dalia Dassa Kaye
- Oliker, Olga
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 23 p. : col. maps ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Grant, Audra K. and Kaye, Dalia Dassa
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Vulnerable populations -- Risks and implications of drawdown -- Current policy responses -- U.S. affiliated Iraqis -- Other groups at risk -- Displacement and U.S. drawdown and withdrawal -- Risks and implications of drawdown -- Violence -- Underdevelopment and long-term insecurity in Iraq -- Regional implications -- Impact on U.S. interests -- Conclusions: Mitigating risks and recommendations for U.S. government action -- Lowering the risk of violence -- Making resettlement outside of Iraq viable for those who need it -- Enabling those in immediate danger to reach safety -- Treating displacement and its effects as a regional issue -- Supporting sustainable and effective development.
- 9780833047687 (pbk. : alk. paper)
083304768X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 14047559