Managing recoverable aircraft components in the PPB and related processes. Technical volume [electronic resource] / James Bigelow
- Bigelow, James H.
- Additional Titles:
- Managing recoverable aircraft components in the planning, programming, and budgeting and related processes. Technical volume
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- xlii, 352 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Rand Corporation, National Defense Research Institute (U.S.), and United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Manpower, Installations, and Logistics)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This report describes a methodology called ORACLE--Oversight of Resources and Capability for Logistics Effectiveness. ORACLE's purpose is to assess the effects of varying certain resource levels on the peacetime materiel readiness and wartime sustainability of U.S. air forces, so that resource requirements can be better estimated and justified. It is intended primarily for use in the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting (PPB) process, but it can also be useful during execution. The author concludes that, by itself, ORACLE should have significant value for resource planning. In conjunction with an improved forecasting capability and an execution tracking and control system, ORACLE's value will only be enhanced.
- Report Numbers:
- 0833005693 (pbk.)
- "June 1984."
This research was conducted under RAND's National Defense Research Institute.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 351-352).
View MARC record | catkey: 14049389