Systems engineering and program management [electronic resource] : trends and costs for aircraft and guided weapons programs / David E. Stem, Michael Boito, Obaid Younossi
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Systems engineering and program management (SE/PM) constitute a large portion of the acquisition cost of military aircraft and guided weapons systems. The goal of this study was the development of a set of cost-estimating relationships that can be used to estimate the SE/PM cost element for development and production of aircraft and weapons programs. The authors canvassed government and industry personnel to learn about current techniques for estimating SE/PM costs, and they collected historical data from several aircraft and weapons programs to investigate trends in SE/PM costs over time and to generate methods that cost analysts can use early in the life cycle of a program when little cost information is available. The authors also investigated the effects on SE/PM costs from acquisition reform, including the reduction in the number of military specifications and standards, the use of integrated product and process teams, and the trend toward evolutionary acquisition."
- 0833038729 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "RAND Project Air Force."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 161-165).
View MARC record | catkey: 14053916