Collaborative learning and writing [electronic resource] : essays on using small groups in teaching English and composition / edited by Kathleen M. Hunzer
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 229 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Hunzer, Kathleen M., 1969-
- Cover; Acknowledgments; Table of Contents; Preface; Part I. Why are collaborative learning and peer review important?; Writing Courses Live and Die by the Quality of Peer Review; Bringing New Perspectives to a Common Practice; Reinventing Peer Review Using Writing Center Techniques; "It's just too nicey-nicey around here"; Part II. How do I best select groups in my classes?; Increasing Student Participation and Accountability in Group Production of Text through Speed Interviews; Connecting Writing Process with Personality; Forming Peer Critique Groups Through Personality Preferences.
Part III. How do I integrate collaborative learning techniques into electronic environments?Collaborative Learning and Writing in Digital Environments; Cooperative and Collaborative Writing with Google Docs; Working with Groups Online; Part IV. Can collaborative learning and writing work in all writing classes?; Blending Collaboration and Competition; Revisiting Collaborative Writing and Electronic Dialogues in Business Communication; Collaborative Composing; Part V. Can special populations benefit from collaborative activities?; Working Together Towards Greatness.
Anxiety Disorders and the Collaborative ClassroomAbout the Contributors; Index.
- "Although most writing instructors know the benefits of collaborative learning and writing in college writing classes, many remain unsure how to implement collaborative techniques successfully in the classroom. Despite its challenges, collaborative learning can prove remarkably effective and this study provides the advice and answers to make this amazingly productive pedagogy work smoothly and successfully"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780786489770 (electronic bk.)
0786489774 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 14060503