Plagiarism [electronic resource] : why it happens : how to prevent it / Barry Gilmore
- Gilmore, Barry
- Portsmouth, NH : Heinemann, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 139 pages) : illustrations
- Taking the plague out of plagiarism -- Copies (and robberies): how students plagiarize -- Shades of gray: why students plagiarize -- Reducing the sentence: how we respond to plagiarism -- Acting, not reacting: giving students the tools to avoid plagiarism -- Copy that! Designing assignments and assessments -- The big picture: the role of school culture.
- Barry Gilmore's Plagiarism: Why It Happens, How to Prevent It helps you and your writers reduce academic dishonesty with antiplagiarism lessons for the cut-and-paste generation. Gilmore gets at plagiarism's root causes and help everyone in the class work together to prevent it by? improving your understanding of plagiarism? helping detect, respond to, and prevent plagiarism? showing how to set expectations and help students detect plagiarism in their workbefore you ever have to.
- 9780325029924 (electronic bk.)
032502992X (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 14060516