Model for l/f Flux Noise in SQUIDs and Qubits [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We propose a model for 1/f flux noise in superconducting devices (f is frequency). The noise is generated by the magnetic moments of electrons in defect states which they occupy for a wide distribution of times before escaping. A trapped electron occupies one of the two Kramers-degenerate ground states, between which the transition rate is negligible at low temperature. As a result, the magnetic moment orientation is locked. Simulations of the noise produced by a plausible density of randomly oriented defects yield 1/f noise magnitudes in good agreement with experiments.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbnl--62393
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physical Review Letters 98 26 ISSN 0031-9007; PRLTAO FT
Clarke, John; Koch, Roger H.; DiVincenzo, David P.
COLLABORATION - IBM
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14061793