Toward On-the-fly Multiscale Modeling of Damage Localization [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 5 pages; size: 89.5 Kbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present a preliminary investigation of damage localization as a model problem for adaptive sampling. The fine-scale material response involving void nucleation and growth is computed on the fly as needed at the coarse scale.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/02/2004., "ucrl-conf-206365", Presented at: Second International Conference on Multiscale Materials Modeling, Los Angeles, CA, United States, Oct 11 - Oct 15, 2004., and Rudd, R E; Jefferson, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14062147