[Studies of non-linear dynamics of dissipative systems]. [Final report, April 1, 1988--October 31, 1989] [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In the period of this grant I worked on three main areas: (1) Symmetries in inviscid flow equations in one, two, and three dimensions and related nonlinear stability theorems for these flows; (2) applications of Hamiltonian mechanics to the problems of shallow water equations and internal wave dynamics in oceanic flows; and, (3) analysis of signals from chaotic systems with an eye toward learning how to build models of chaotic systems in nature.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/10/1990., "mpl-u--17/89", "DE92004772", and Abarbanel, D.I.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 01/01/1988 - 12/31/1989
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14063531