Electron localization in water clusters [electronic resource].
- Atlanta, Ga. : Georgia Institute of Technology. School of Physics, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Georgia Institute of Technology. School of Physics and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Electron attachment to water clusters was explored by the quantum path integral molecular dynamics method, demonstrating that the energetically favored localization mode involves a surface state of the excess electron, rather than the precursor of the hydrated electron. The cluster size dependence, the energetics and the charge distribution of these novel electron-cluster surface states are explored. 20 refs., 2 figs., 1 tab.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-8705209-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
20. Jerusalem symposium, Jerusalem, Israel, 1 May 1987.
Barnett, R.N.; Jortner, J.; Landman, U.; Cleveland, C.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14063818