Crack identification and characterization in long wavelength elastic wave scattering [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 24 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We discuss apparent characteristic features of Rayleigh scattering of elastic waves from cracks. Interpreting these features, a procedure is suggested that in some experimental situations may be useful to distinguish generally-shaped cracks from volume defects and to determine from elliptically-shaped cracks the orientation, shape and size.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-78-1603
E 1.99: conf-780650-7
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1. symposium on ultrasonic materials characterization, Gaithersburg, MD, USA, 7 Jun 1978.
Gubernatis, J.E.; Domany, E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14064208