Free ion yields for several silicon, germanium and tin containing liquids [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (3 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A survey was made of compounds containing silicon, germanium or tin atoms to find new room temperature liquids for use in ionization chambers. The results show an interesting correlation of free ion yields with molecular structure. The data were also analyzed to obtain the average thermalization ranges of electrons formed in the ionization process.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1990., "bnl-45262", " conf-9010212--1", "DE91001246", Symposium on detector research and development for the superconducting super collider, Fort Worth, TX (USA), 15-18 Oct 1990., and Geer, S.; Holroyd, R.A.; Ptohos, F. . High Energy Physics Lab.
- Funding Information:
- AC02-76CH00016 and AC02-76ER03064
View MARC record | catkey: 14064363