Synchrotron studies of narrow band materials [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (29 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Objective was to determine the single-particle electronic structure of selected narrow band materials in order to understand the relation between their electronic structures and novel low energy properties, such as mixed valence, heavy Fermions, Kondo effect, insulator-metal transitions, non-Fermi liquid behavior, and high-temperature superconductivity. This program supports photoemission spectroscopy (PES) at various synchrotrons. The progress is reported under the following section titles: ZSA (Zaanen-Sawatzky-Allen) systematics and I-M transitions in 3d transition metal oxides, insulator-metal transitions in superconducting cuprates, Fermi liquid and non-Fermi liquid behavior in angular resolved PES lineshapes, heavy-Fermion and non-Fermi liquid 5f electron systems, and Kondo insulators.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Michigan Univ., Ann Arbor, MI (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14064440