Fermi surface and effective masses for the heavy-electron superconductor UPt sub 3 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (15 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Local-density-approximation (LDA) calculations for the Fermi-surface extremal cross-sectional areas of UPt₃ are presented and compared to deHaas-van Alphen experiments of Taillefer et al. The topology of the calculated surfaces is in excellent agreement with experiment and allows a determination of the directional dependence of the anisotropic mass-renormalization factor. The source of this renormalization is briefly discussed. 12 refs., 4 figs., 2 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Norman, M.R.; Christensen, N.E.; Los Alamos National Lab., NM; Albers, R.C.; Boring, A.M.; Max-Planck-Institut fuer Festkoerperfors.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14064725