Equilibrium properties of the fluxoid lattice in single-crystal niobium [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The dimensions and symmetry of the fluxoid lattice in a single-crystal sphere of niobium have been measured by using a double-perfect-crystal small-angle neutron-scattering technique (DCSANS). The bulk magnetization of the same sample has been measured by a field-sweep technique. In addition, the misalignment between the fluxoids and the applied magnetic field was observed by DCSANS. The experimental methods and most of the results are reported elsewhere. The findings are reported here, and the measurements are compared with realistic microscopic theory where it is available.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-790653--2
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Superconductivity in d- and f-band metals, San Diego, CA, USA, 21 Jun 1979.
Christen, D. K.; Sekula, S. T.; Kerchner, H. R.; Thorel, P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14065366