Set of thermal neutron-scattering experiments for the Weapons Neutron Research Facility [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1975.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 17 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Six classes of experiments form the base of a program of thermal neutron scattering at the Weapons Neutron Research (WNR) Facility. Three classes are to determine the average microscopic positions of atoms in materials and three are to determine the microscopic vibrations of these atoms. The first three classes concern (a) powder sample neutron diffraction, (b) small angle scattering, and (c) single crystal Laue diffraction. The second three concern (d) small kappa inelastic scattering, (e) scattering surface phonon measurements, and (f) line widths. An instrument to couple with the WNR pulsed source is briefly outlined for each experiment.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/1975., "la-6194-ms", Brugger, R.M., and Los Alamos Scientific Lab., N.Mex. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14065552