Lapped substrate for enhanced backsurface reflectivity in a thermophotovoltaic energy conversion system [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A method is described for fabricating a thermophotovoltaic energy conversion cell including a thin semiconductor wafer substrate having a thickness (β) calculated to decrease the free carrier absorption on a heavily doped substrate; wherein the top surface of the semiconductor wafer substrate is provided with a thermophotovoltaic device, a metallized grid and optionally an antireflective (AR) overcoating; and, the bottom surface (10 ft) of the semiconductor wafer substrate is provided with a highly reflecting coating which may comprise a metal coating or a combined dielectric/metal coating.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
": US patent application 8-740,517"
Charache, G.W.; DePoy, D.M.; Baldasaro, P.F.; Brown, E.J.
KAPL Inc., Schenectady, NY (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14066664